Lead Game Programmer
Rovio is looking for a motivated and talented Lead Game Programmers to join our team in Espoo, Finland. In this position you will lead, coach and grow a highly motivated and well balanced Rovio game programming team for the creation of mobile games. Furthermore you will provide teams with sufficient amount of leadership and mentoring to guarantee a well-organized, productive, secure and fun work environment. As a Lead Game Programmer you will have the knowledge base to create games from the beginning of development through the entire production cycle to the final product.
We would like you to have:
- Lead game programming experience on published projects
- Proven strong C++ programming skills.
- Experience of leading a big programmer team.
- Able to create coding conventions and arrange code reviews.
- Capability and the right attitude to mentor and teach company's programmers.
- Proven demonstration of leadership skills.
- Eagerness to participate in the recruitment process.
- Exceptional communication and organizational skills.
- Strong research and analytical skills.
- Passion for making games!
As a Lead Game Programmer you will be an active team member in your project, responsible for project management for the sub-projects in your area of competency, as well as leading and mentoring other game programmers in the company. The ideal candidate will possess at least five years of relevant work experience, preferably in an international environment with similar or equivalent job description. The role requires excellent multitasking, organizational, communication, and team collaboration skills. You should also be eager to learn and apply new skills in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Excellent written and oral skills in English are essential. We offer a fantastic opportunity to take part in the development of the firm, working with great co-workers in a team-oriented, informal, international and inspiring working environment.
Please note that this position will be filled as soon as a suitable candidate has been found, so apply already today by filling the online application form (please attach a cover letter with your CV) including the earliest date when you can start working along with a salary request.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!